If you’re missing a single tooth and have been looking for a cost-effective and permanent way to replace it you should really consider a dental bridge from New Albany Implants! We can create a bridge that will fit well, last a long time, and look completely natural! The secret to the beauty of our dental bridges is their material: zirconium oxide!
Zirconium is a special form of dental ceramic that is far harder than any other type available. It’s strong, lifelike, long-lasting, and a perfect way to get your smile back! We love creating zirconium bridges for our patients and we’d love to explain the benefits of them to you!
What Is A Bridge?
A bridge is a dental restoration meant to bridge the gap created by a lost tooth. Getting a bridge or any other kind of dental restoration to replace a missing tooth isn’t just about looks – it’s also important to protect the neighboring teeth from shifting out of place!
When you lose a tooth the neighboring teeth don’t have anything left to support them! Your teeth all rely on each other to help keep them in their proper place and when one tooth goes missing the others tend to wander out of place! When they do that they’ll eventually fall out as well, starting a potential chain reaction of lost teeth!
A bridge stops your teeth from moving and protects your whole mouth! Using two crowns attached to a false tooth we’ll attach your zirconium bridge permanently in place to beautify your smile and protect your natural teeth!
Why A Zirconium Bridge?
There are a lot of different dental restoration materials – resin, composite, porcelain, ceramic … why choose zirconium? The reasons are clear once you know!
- Zirconium is biocompatible! Unlike other restoration materials that can cause bad reactions zirconium is known to be completely friendly to bone, gums, and other teeth!
- It’s incredibly strong! Zirconium is made to be tougher and more durable than other materials. It lasts longer, resists chipping, and resists wear like nothing else available!
- Zirconium is one of the most lifelike restoration materials available! It’s hard to find the perfect material to get a natural look but zirconium has the same translucency as a natural tooth! We’ll also be able to color match it to your existing smile so you’ll never know the difference!
- Because zirconium is so much stronger than other bridge materials it requires far less preparation of the abutment teeth to place it! Preparation requires reducing the size of your teeth so the crowns fit over them – the less prep we do the better! We want to leave as much natural tooth in place as we can!
- There’s no metal base on a zirconium bridge. Your gumline will look completely natural and you won’t have to worry about temperature sensitivity that some metal-based products can cause!
Zirconium is a great choice for dental bridges! There are some drawbacks to using zirconium, however. Nothing’s perfect!
There is a higher cost associated with the use of zirconium crowns. Because the material is so much stronger and more dense the costs of modeling the restoration is higher. Zirconium also has a tendency to become slightly rough over time, which leads to grinding against your natural teeth.
We’re happy to explore multiple dental bridge options with you! When you come to New Albany Implants for a bridge we’ll take the time to plan the perfect treatment for you – you’ll never be on the hook for something you don’t want!
A Great Smile Starts Today!
No matter how long you’ve been living with a missing tooth we can fix it! don’t spend another day hiding your smile when all it takes is a single visit to start your trip toward confidence and pride.
Call New Albany Implants today at 888-469-3982 or request an appointment by filling out our online form. We look forward to seeing you soon!